Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 14, 2011

Shaw's Trip 10/14

So, I was up late last night trying to perfect this deal, but failed miserably due to a huge migraine! I did get a few starter orders put together, but it kind of fell apart from there.  Remember, I'm still a newbie to this so I learn as I go, just like you!


This is my haul. lol (The picture is grainy because I took it with my cell, but until I figure out where Topher put my digital camera, I'm stuck with this!)

Things to know about this sale.  When you buy $25 worth of certain General Mills items you will receive a $10 coupon for your next order.  I split my orders into several different transactions.  There was some question about how they add up the $25.  My experience was that it came off the shelf price (regular Shaw's price that you would pay if the item was not on sale, or if you didn't use a Shaw's card).  However, this didn't work on two transactions, which totalled over $25 (shelf price).  The CSM did give back a $10 coupon (this was on my mom's transaction) since the register didn't print it, but not without lecturing us about manipulating the coupon policy, which we were not doing in any way according to their coupon policy.  I reviewed and studied it before I even started planning my shopping trip. 

So be careful if you go buy the shelf price.  I know that the chex mix goes by shelf price, as does the Totinos Pizza Rolls, Gold Medal Flour, and Betty Crocker Cookie Mix.  The Yoplait and Green Giant frozen veggies did not go by shelf price and were the transactions that did not print out a coupon.  I am very surprised that the CSM gave my mom her coupons since the ad does say AFTER manufacturer's coupons.  The sale, however, does not work the way the ad says.  Yay for us! =)

I started my trip off by testing the shelf price theory.  I just got a Kitchenaid mixer and wanted to stock up on flour so I can use the crap out of it! So I grabbed 8 bags of Gold Medal Flour (3.69 shelf price, 29.52 total) at $2.50 a bag ($20 total). I had no coupons so I grabbed another order to try out, which was 12 Totinos pizza rolls boxes (2.19 shelf price, 26.28 total), at $1 per box ($12 total).  I had coupons for $6 toward my 12 boxes, which brought my total down to $6.00 OOP (Out of Pocket).  I received a $10 OYNO (On Your Next Order) coupon for purchasing $25 worth! =) So I "rolled" that coupon over onto my next order, which was the flour.  Since the flour was $20 sale price for 8 bags, and I used my $10 OYNO, it came to $10.  I received another $10 OYNO for buying $25 worth of flour! =) So, I kept that momentum going.  I took these orders out to the van and came back in to get shopping, with the knowledge of how the sale worked!

I don't feel like going over my receipts right now (still a little shaky from the migraine, being sick this morning, and the rush of flying to Bangor and back in a 3 hour window to purchase all those goodies!).  However, I will tell you what I bought, how much it ALL should have come to, and how much I paid.  I might break the orders down later for you, but I still need to research tomorrow's trip so I can go back and use up all the coupons I didn't get to use today.  And there are A LOT! =)

My List:
12 Hamburger Helper
10 Betty Crocker Instant Potatoes (Mashed and Au Gratin varieties)
12 Bags of Chex Mix (all one flavor cause I'm picky and don't like the other ones.. there were more! lol)
4 boxes Betty Crocker muffin mix
12 boxes frozen Green Giant veggies
8 bags Gold Medal flour
6 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
16 boxes Totinos pizza rolls
13 bags Betty Crocker cookie mix
2 12 roll Charmin Basic
1 20 oz Pepsi Max
1 bag Bugles

The subtotal for these items was $255.35
****I had coupons for every item except for the Pepsi Max and Flour.  I used my last $10 OYNO coupon to buy 2 pkgs of Charmin basic (4.99 on sale) with a $1/2 coupon (it was only 8.98 after coupon, before tax) and I threw the Pepsi in there as a filler to hit a $10 subtotal. ****
I paid $55.59 total OOP. 

I saved 78.2% =)  Not bad for being rushed, having a migraine while preparing this, almost not getting out of bed this morning because I was still sick (eating Excedrin and Immitrex for breakfast helps the head, but didn't do much for the rest of my body lol), and getting an hour late start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment