Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 24, 2011

It's been a while...

So, I had to take a break for a few days because we had a busy weekend of costumes and the Halloween party we went to.  First off, I'm excited that I spent a total of $5.00 on my costume, and by recycling some older items for hubby's, I spent $3.00 on his!  By using my own makeup and two tubes of red and brown makeup from Target ($1.80 for both), We came in under $10.00, and we won a prize for scariest costumes! I will post some pictures later on in the week.  We have another party this weekend and I want to make sure the costumes stay a surprise until then!

This week, there's not much on sale at Rite Aid.  There is a $2 printable coupon here for Zicam cold remedy, which is on sale for $7.99, with a $7.00 +Up Reward.  This is a $1 money maker!

There are also some +Up Rewards on certain food items.  When you buy $12, you get $3 +Up. Some of these items are priced much higher than Walmart, so you would have to work out a scenario with whatever coupons you have to make this work best for you.  I used most of the coupons I had on these items at Shaw's, so I'm not hurrying out to grab much this week.  Something might pop out at me later on, but I'm not super excited about this deal. 

A few other deals are Arm and Hammer Toothpaste, and Orajel kids' toothpaste.  There are printable coupons, along with +Up Rewards, which vary your savings (depending on the coupon value).  There is also a Scott toilet paper and paper towels deal.  They are $7.99 (12 ct TP, 8 ct towels), with a $3 +Up Reward.  There was a $1 coupon for each of these items in the paper this weekend, so they end up being $3.99.  I also noticed the pain reliever/vitamins +Up advertised that has a lot of coupon matchups from this weekend's inserts.  Aleve, Midol, Alka Seltzer, Bayer, and Centrum, to name a few, and they are Buy One Get One 50% off.  You get a $10 +Up Reward when you buy $30.  I quickly scanned the shelves and the average price on these was between $5.50 and $8.  So depending on what you wanted to stock up on, you might be able to walk away with some REALLY cheap medicines.

My favorite deal this week is the Xtra Laundry Detergent.  They are normally $3.79 for 48 loads.  I don't usually buy this brand, but since I'm going to start making my own detergent this week anyway, I figured I won't be picky anymore!  The Xtra is on sale for 3/$6.  When you buy 3, you get $2 +Up Rewards. So they are essentially 3/$4, or about $1.33 each.  I have paid $20 for a jug of Tide this year, and it had 96 loads.  The same number of loads of Xtra were $2.66. I bought 6 jugs (there is a limit of 2 +Ups on this ).  So the bottom shelf of my newly built stockpile shelving is half full of detergent (including some Gain I picked up in last week's sale.)

Hopefully someone finds a better deal than I did this week.  I haven't had the energy to really dig deep into the flier to find any hidden gems.  If I get around to that tonight, I will try to post any new findings tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment