Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Couponing Class

I've had a lot of (no doubt empty) requests for me to teach people my couponing ways.  It's hard to just explain in a text message or a quick conversation, and when people are invited to get together, it never seems to happen.

I'm going to try my hardest in the next few weeks to get some people committed to having an actual class.  I know teaching people creates competition, but it really is a tough time for a lot of people, especially in our area, and I want to share this with anyone willing to learn.

The things I would like to cover are the following:

  • Basic coupon usage (rule #1: don't be a "brand snob"!)
  • Coupon/Sale matchups
  • Manufacturer/store coupon stacking
  • Using couponing to get ahead (stockpiling)
  • Coupon Etiquette (MAJORLY IMPORTANT!!!)
  • Rainchecks
  • Tools to make couponing MUCH easier! (blogs, forums, and clipping services)
  • Organizing so you don't get overwhelmed.
  • Supporting your fellow couponers (hopefully this will lead to some future meetings and projects!)
I would really love to get some feedback from anyone who wants to take part in this so I can create an event on facebook and get a place booked to hold it.  I have a pretty good sized house with a large room where I can set up chairs and hold the class, but if people would rather meet in a public place, that will be my goal!   I will be charging a small fee for attendance because I want to get some information together that people can take home, and some visuals for making things easier.  If I have to rent a place to hold this, the cost will be pushed up considerably.  One option I was told is $25 an hour, and obviously the more people I can get to come, the lower the cost per person will be!  If I can do it at my house, the cost will only be enough to cover some paper and ink for printing some things for you to take home, and maybe some refreshments.

Please let me know if you want to attend, a good day/time preference, and anything specific you would like me to focus on (or something you hope to save money on).  The more prepared I am for this class, the more prepared you will be for your first coupon shopping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment